The goal of Gurukul at Shri Ram Mandir is four fold
- Gurukul is a weekly gathering of children, between the ages of 4 – 13 years at Shri Ram Mandir to get exposure to Hindi Language, Music, Arts and Dance. Our goal is to help children bloom, grow, and introduce/ inculcate good values through fun-filled activities.Gurukul targets to enhance the overall development of our children’s personalities.Following is the format of the classes that will be offered in the Aug 2019 – May 2020 Session of Gurukul:
Gurukul Timings and levels Classes Time Music, Shlokas, intro to Indian classical music 10 AM – 11 AM Level 1 – Hindi Beginner (Hindi Reading, Writing & Speaking)
11 AM – Noon Level 2 – Hindi Intermediate (Hindi Reading, Writing & Speaking)
11 AM – Noon Level 3 – Hindi Advance (Hindi Reading, Writing & & Speaking) 11 AM – Noon Naitik Shiksha Noon-12:30PM
*All Gurukul students have the opportunity to perform at the various cultural programs that happen at Shri Ram Mandir throughout the year. Extra practice classes for dance and music are provided as needed
- Punctuality: Gurukul classes will promptly start from 10:00 am every Sunday and end at 12 pm.
- Please make sure you drop and pick up your child on time; if anyone other than you will be picking up your child, please inform one of the teachers at the time of drop off.
- Fees: Gurukul yearly fee is $299 per child.
- Gurukul follows Plano District School calendar.
- Attendance: If a child is absent for 4 classes without a medical reason, they will be suspended from Gurukul for the remainder of the year and there will not be a refund of any portion of the fees.
- Please make sure your child attends Gurukul at a regular basis.
- Homework: There will be assignments given out weekly, which will need to be turned in the following Sunday. Please make sure your child brings their completed homework to class weekly.
- Performance: Students will have pop quizzes, monthly tests, and semester tests. Monthly report card will be provided, and attendance is part of the grade.
All required supplies and stationary will be provided in class to all Gurukul students. They will only need to purchase a binder to keep their papers in.
If you are interested in enrolling your child, please complete the attached Enrollment form and bring it to the Temple front desk and submit along with the required fees.
Enrollments begin on June 1st, 2019 and the next session will start on August 11th, 2019
We are delighted to be a part of your child’s cultural education journey, our target is to make this a pleasant and memorable experience for you and your child(ren).
Thank you for your enrollment at the Gurukul at Sri Ram Mandir.
For more information please contact, Richa Sharma at email@example.com or 972-839-0760 or Temple Front Desk at 972-422-1600